The doors at Kess Body Shop opened for business at 22 Third Street 60 years ago in 1956 by co-owner brothers Harry and Neil Kessel. The brothers start-up business quickly became one of the areas elite body shops due to their great attention to detail and high quality paint refinishing. In 1970 after 14 years of service, Neil Kessel sold his share to brother Harry and retired. That same year, Irvin Arter was hired to fill the shoes of the retired Neil and by 1979 was co-owner. In 1985, son Andy Arter began his career at Kess Body Shop and upon Harry's retirement in 1987 Irvin Arter became the sole owner. The new father and son combo built on to the Kessel brothers foundation year after year and in 1995 they renovated the entire building. By the year 2000, Irvin retired and son Andy took over the ownership. Kess Body Shop may have changed hands over the years, but the name and the quality of service has always stayed the same.